If you read my post on 20 facts about me, I mentioned I’ll choose to listen to gospel tunes than long sermons any day. People may have reasons for choosing to listen to music but personally, I listen to the lyrics and wonder how the musicians were able to come up with them. In this post, I’m revealing five special songs and the reason they are special to me:
1. The Blessing – There are several versions of this song and it has become so popular in this period that the world finds itself fighting an unseen enemy of covid-19. It reassures me of God’s protection.
2. Vashawn Mitchell’s Turning Around for Me – The lyrics of this song inspires me also. I, particularly, fell in love with it about two years ago when I had no job and was working feverishly to complete my Masters’ thesis. I loved this bit of the song: 🎵🎶It won’t always be like this. The Lord will perfect all that concerning me. Sooner or later, it’ll turn in my favour. It’s turning around for me.🎼
3. Travis Greene’s You made a way – 🎼When our backs were against the wall and it looked as if it was over. You made a way🎶🎼 I used to listen and get inspired by the lyrics of this song during the period when I was pushing to complete my thesis.
4. Diana Antwi Hamilton’s Yehowa Behwe – Another woman who sings to touch one’s very core. I love her brand too. She’s adding style and flare to some old gospel tunes that we already know.
5. Ed Sheeran’s Thinking out Loud – I know this is a deviation from the inspirational tunes I’ve listed above but I love love songs too. Thinking out loud is a favourite of my husband and I. We even planned to dance to it during our wedding but we did not. It still has the same effect on us the same way it did almost five years back.
Which songs are special to you and why? Share with us in the comments section.
***This is 19/22 of the #WinterABC2020. The prompt is to choose 5 songs and tell why they are special to you. ***
Happy New Year! It’s been so long. I always feel guilty when I push the urge to blog and rather sleep or watch TV or go out or work on other projects. I had some amazing blog ideas to share with you before the holidays but a lot of things came up and I couldn’t blog. Combining blogging and regular job is a big challenge but I would try to be more regular this year. I will clear the backlog 😊🤗 🤞
Now, I want to start the year with something relaxing. I have been thinking of the lyrics of Godly/Spiritual music, popularly known as gospel tunes and how some lines are able to hit you so deeply (speaking for myself) and immediately you are healed and encouraged.
Below are a compilation of a few lines/lyrics of some gospel tunes that inspire me anytime the song rings in my spirit. Here are seven of them:
“…Don’t look too far to see, how good He is. Just look at me. He took me for the miry clay, set my feet upon the rock and I am standing in His righteousness. He took away my sin and shame. Gave me a brand new name. His beloved and the redeemed. Look how He turned my life around. Made me a shining light. His glory to reveal” – Nathaniel Bassey and Micah Stampley’s I will worship Him forever.
“…You will deliver. You’re a provider. I find my victory in You. Forever victorious. Forever we win. I find my victory in You. Victory belongs to Jesus. Victory belongs to Him.” – Todd Dulaney’s Victory Belongs to Jesus.
“…He knows what is hidden in your heart. He knows the good thoughts He has for you. They are thoughts of peace and not sin that is why He will bring you to an expected end. He will take care of you. Eii. God will take care of you.” translated from Diana Antwi Hamilton’s Yehowa Behwe
“…I don’t know where I will be if it had not for You. You goodness. Your mercy. I don’t know where I would be. This far by grace.” Pastor Edwin Dadson’s This far by grace.
“…God is working. He is up to something. I may not see it but still I’m trusting. God is working, working, working. He never sleeps nor slumbers. My God the promise keeper. He sees every tear that falls. My God is never early and He is never too late. He’s always there right on time. And if He said it, surely He meant it. And if He meant it, surely He will do it.” Akesse Brempong’s God is working.
“…We yielded to your word. Lord we choose Your ways yes. We are tired of our own. It failed us many times. Speak a word that we will move. Speak a word that we will do. Speak a word a word and we will go. We’ve come for directions.” Dr. Tumi’s Speak a word.
“…And now we’re here. Looking back on where we come from. Because of You and nothing we’ve done. To deserve the love and mercy You’ve shown. But Your grace was strong enough to pick us up. And You made a way. When our backs were against the wall.” Travis Greene’s Made a Way.
There you go. These are the lyrics of some gospel tunes that inspire me all the time. Did I capture your favourite? Which lyrics do you sing randomly and immediately get encouraged? Share with us.