Happy New Year! It’s been so long. I always feel guilty when I push the urge to blog and rather sleep or watch TV or go out or work on other projects. I had some amazing blog ideas to share with you before the holidays but a lot of things came up and I couldn’t blog. Combining blogging and regular job is a big challenge but I would try to be more regular this year. I will clear the backlog 😊🤗 🤞
Now, I want to start the year with something relaxing. I have been thinking of the lyrics of Godly/Spiritual music, popularly known as gospel tunes and how some lines are able to hit you so deeply (speaking for myself) and immediately you are healed and encouraged.
Below are a compilation of a few lines/lyrics of some gospel tunes that inspire me anytime the song rings in my spirit. Here are seven of them:
- “…Don’t look too far to see, how good He is. Just look at me. He took me for the miry clay, set my feet upon the rock and I am standing in His righteousness. He took away my sin and shame. Gave me a brand new name. His beloved and the redeemed. Look how He turned my life around. Made me a shining light. His glory to reveal” – Nathaniel Bassey and Micah Stampley’s I will worship Him forever.
- “…You will deliver. You’re a provider. I find my victory in You. Forever victorious. Forever we win. I find my victory in You. Victory belongs to Jesus. Victory belongs to Him.” – Todd Dulaney’s Victory Belongs to Jesus.
- “…He knows what is hidden in your heart. He knows the good thoughts He has for you. They are thoughts of peace and not sin that is why He will bring you to an expected end. He will take care of you. Eii. God will take care of you.” translated from Diana Antwi Hamilton’s Yehowa Behwe
- “…I don’t know where I will be if it had not for You. You goodness. Your mercy. I don’t know where I would be. This far by grace.” Pastor Edwin Dadson’s This far by grace.
- “…God is working. He is up to something. I may not see it but still I’m trusting. God is working, working, working. He never sleeps nor slumbers. My God the promise keeper. He sees every tear that falls. My God is never early and He is never too late. He’s always there right on time. And if He said it, surely He meant it. And if He meant it, surely He will do it.” Akesse Brempong’s God is working.
- “…We yielded to your word. Lord we choose Your ways yes. We are tired of our own. It failed us many times. Speak a word that we will move. Speak a word that we will do. Speak a word a word and we will go. We’ve come for directions.” Dr. Tumi’s Speak a word.
- “…And now we’re here. Looking back on where we come from. Because of You and nothing we’ve done. To deserve the love and mercy You’ve shown. But Your grace was strong enough to pick us up. And You made a way. When our backs were against the wall.” Travis Greene’s Made a Way.
There you go. These are the lyrics of some gospel tunes that inspire me all the time. Did I capture your favourite? Which lyrics do you sing randomly and immediately get encouraged? Share with us.