If you read my post on 20 facts about me, I mentioned I’ll choose to listen to gospel tunes than long sermons any day. People may have reasons for choosing to listen to music but personally, I listen to the lyrics and wonder how the musicians were able to come up with them. In this post, I’m revealing five special songs and the reason they are special to me:
1. The Blessing – There are several versions of this song and it has become so popular in this period that the world finds itself fighting an unseen enemy of covid-19. It reassures me of God’s protection.
2. Vashawn Mitchell’s Turning Around for Me – The lyrics of this song inspires me also. I, particularly, fell in love with it about two years ago when I had no job and was working feverishly to complete my Masters’ thesis. I loved this bit of the song: 🎵🎶It won’t always be like this. The Lord will perfect all that concerning me. Sooner or later, it’ll turn in my favour. It’s turning around for me.🎼
3. Travis Greene’s You made a way – 🎼When our backs were against the wall and it looked as if it was over. You made a way🎶🎼 I used to listen and get inspired by the lyrics of this song during the period when I was pushing to complete my thesis.
4. Diana Antwi Hamilton’s Yehowa Behwe – Another woman who sings to touch one’s very core. I love her brand too. She’s adding style and flare to some old gospel tunes that we already know.
5. Ed Sheeran’s Thinking out Loud – I know this is a deviation from the inspirational tunes I’ve listed above but I love love songs too. Thinking out loud is a favourite of my husband and I. We even planned to dance to it during our wedding but we did not. It still has the same effect on us the same way it did almost five years back.
Which songs are special to you and why? Share with us in the comments section.
***This is 19/22 of the #WinterABC2020. The prompt is to choose 5 songs and tell why they are special to you. ***