Having one’s Quiet Time is one of the habits every Christian is encouraged to cultivate but what are the benefits? Two bloggers share their perspective on why it is necessary to have Quiet Time:
Firstly, nowhere does the Bible say, “thou shalt have a daily quiet time!” But this doesn’t mean to say we shouldn’t. David, the man after God’s own heart is a great example. See for example the epic Psalm 119, his great “love song” as it were to the word of God, which he (on his best days) meditated on day and nightRobert Chamberlain
Here are other biblical examples on the need to have one’s quiet time:
- Daniel prayed three times a day – Daniel 6:10
- Jesus assumes we’ll pray, and encourages us to do so in private. He Himself would go away by Himself while it was dark, early in the morning, to pray – Mattew 6:6
- Paul encourages us to “pray continually” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16
- Luke commended the Bereans for daily searching the Scriptures to see if what Paul said was true – Acts 17:11
Robert is Christian Blogger and his blog address is https://roberlain.wordpress.com. His blog is also known as Watching Daily at Wisdom’s Gates
Quiet time is an essential part of every believer of Christ Jesus. It is in that state and process of mind and heart where we get the chance to commune with our Heavenly Father. It is an intimate act and a deliberate move of a born-again believer where we receive revelations, insight and heavenly information from God through the Holy Spirit, by spending time in the Word and prayer. There are so many benefits any believer of Christ Jesus can acquire through quiet time.Ken Dadson
Here are some of the privileges.
- During one’s quiet time, we develop and exercise our soul which is the mind, will, and emotions to line up with all the promises and purposes of God in His Word.
- During Quiet time, we grow and also develop our faith and trust in God.
- Quiet time also reveals hidden truths and revelations of God which has been hidden from the carnal man and has been revealed to us by His Spirit.
- During our quiet time, we express our gratitude for the love our Heavenly Father has for us.
- Quiet time also prepares us for the day because during that time, we hand over all our petitions and request to Him and we know and believe that as we do that we’re rest assured that He will take care of us.
For Further Reading: 2 Timothy 2:15; Romans 10:17
Beloved, never live a day without spending quality time with our Father, for as you do that you become strong and immovable as Mount Zion in Jesus name. Amen!Ken Dadson
Kenneth Dadson is based in Accra, Ghana and his Instagram handle is jesus.rocks285