Thinking of starting a blog but do not know how to go about it? Or you have a blog but are looking for ways to revamp it? Then this post is designed with you in mind.
Here are 10 quick and simple tips for starting and keeping a blog:
- Be ready to reveal your identity. You can use a pseudonym but when people know the face behind the blog, they relate better with the posts and that increases traffic.
- Choose a niche you are passionate about when you decide to blog. That allows you to design and create good content.
- Don’t start a blog till you are certain of how you are going to ‘feed’ it. You need to know what you are going to ‘give’ it before you ‘birth’ it.
- Have a content plan. I create a plan for The Christian Blog Ghana by selecting a monthly theme. The posts I create in a month mostly fall under this theme. I also have a whiteboard marker with the possible topics I look forward to creating in a particular month. I cross it out after I have created it.
- Consistency and discipline are key to blogging. People who have excelled in different fields had passions and were keen on what they wanted to achieve. To be recognised as a blogger, you need to be consistent and to be consistent, you must be disciplined. Create a reminder and learn to sit and blog.
- How many times should you post? If you have time, you can feed your blog daily or at least once a week. Don’t create a post and go on a hiatus for months and years. You may never return and your followers wouldn’t be waiting for you either.
- It is also important to know how you will be directing traffic to the blog. Will it be by word-of-mouth, via social media or through recommendations of your family and friends? You need to know and have a plan before starting a blog.
- Considering a blogging niche? There are opportunities for Christian blogging in Ghana. However, Christian blogging doesn’t imply being boring. Find creative ways of transmitting the ‘message.’
- Personal experiences sell. Be ready to share some of your life experiences with your friends and followers.
- Blogging is not rosy…lol There will be times that you’ll feel like giving up, especially, when you create something which you believe should earn you more readership. You may visit the backend of the blog and there will be no click. Don’t cry. That should even encourage you to create more. It will get better with time.