Facebook groups are becoming popular and an easy way of
wasting ones time killing boredom. Different topics are discussed by individuals from all walks of life and people seem very comfortable sharing their opinions quite freely. A question I pounced on in one of the groups read:
The comments underneath the post varied and you’ll be shocked (or not shocked) at the reactions. Majority simply downplayed the importance of keeping one’s virginity. A guy remarked,
“Why should I waste my honeymoon breaking the virginity of my wife. I want to enjoy and not be hearing moans of pain,” 🤷🏾♀️
A lot of women also commented they would like to see, know and ‘taste’ their husbands to ensure they loved the size and its ‘power’ before saying ‘I do.’ 👀
It looks like the subject of keeping one’s virginity is archaic, has expired and simply lost its significance, judging from the remarks of the commentators.
It is very disheartening to know that this is the point we’ve gotten to – a place where sex is being dished out like mere handshakes and abstinence means NOTHING at all.
Yes, I agree that marrying as a virgin does not guarantee a successful marriage but even if you use logic to analyze, keeping your virginity saves you so much stress.
If you are woman, for instance:
1. You may not need a menses/ovulation calculating app when you’re not sexually active.
2. When your menses delay for a couple of days, you’re not that frightened because you know you’ve done ‘nothing.’
3. Abortion, sexually transmitted diseases and birth controls are subjects that won’t even matter to you.
4. You can dump that guy because you haven’t done ‘anything’ with them. This helps you to choose the right partner.
5. Your conscience is always clear.
For the men (yes, yes, you must keep your virginity too):
1. You’ll not connive with any woman to go commit abortion because you aren’t ready to have that child, thus, not living with the guilt.
2. In case she keeps the pregnancy, you’ll not be forced to marry her.
3. Your judgments are also not clouded when it comes to selecting a life partner. You can drop her if she does not meet your criteria.
4. Sexually transmitted diseases, birth control methods are not your worries. You’re indeed a ‘free’ man till you get married.
Don’t allow the world to make you believe that keeping your virginity/abstinence means nothing. What is more beautiful than keeping yourselves for each other till after the marriage ceremony.
The Bible even admonishes us that we shouldn’t deceive ourselves because we’ll definitely reap whatever we sow. Freely dishing out sex to everyone will definitely come with its consequences.
If we (both men and women) would stick to what the Bible has instructed, most of the issues we face in our marriages concerning our sexuality, including, making comparisons with our husband and a previous sexual partner will not even come up. Both of you will enjoy your ‘naivety’ and learn what works best.
If you are at a crossroad, trying to decide whether you should keep your virginity of not, take this from someone who abstained, GUARD IT. It’s worth the wait and will save you a lot of trouble. For those who have lost it for whatever reason, don’t be sad and bitter, you can still protect what you have. If you think it’s a challenge keeping it, the Holy Spirit is always there to help you. Let Him know what your difficulties are. He’ll direct you.